Or Create an Account
Shepherdstown “Boofest” Set For Oct. 27-31
The historic town of Shepherdstown WV will celebrate Halloween this year with its fifth annual “BooFest.” The BooFest will begin the evening of Friday, October 27 with a “Vampire’s Ball” at the Community Club and conclude with trick-or-treating on Halloween night, Tuesday, October 31. In between, there will be a variety of activities that everybody can enjoy, with a special emphasis on activities for children and families. Most activities will be free and everyone will be welcome. Highlights will include the following:
• “Mystery Walks” of the town, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
• A day-long visit Saturday by the Ghost Busters Tri-State Division, featuring games, green slime and a giant marshmallow man.
• Face painting, including Zombie face painting, on Saturday afternoon.
• A Saturday screening of favorite episodes from the “Ghosts of Shepherdstown” TV series.
• A Saturday evening “Thiller” dance and witches’ street party.
• A special “Haunted Symphony” concert by the Charles Washington Symphony Orchestra Saturday night.
• A Sunday afternoon costume competition for children and adults, and their pets.
• A children’s costume parade and story time sponsored by the Shepherdstown Public Library on Monday morning.
• A Monday evening program of ghost stories by award-winning storyteller Adam Booth.