Jefferson County: Register to Vote!
October 18th, the last day to register to vote in the November election, is fast approaching! Every vote matters! We will choose not only the President, but our WV Governor, State Senators, County Commissioners and more.
Citizens can register until 10/18 at the office of the County Clerk in the Courthouse from 9-5 weekdays or online at ovr.sos.wv.gov.
Citizens can also register at League Voter Registration events:
- 9/27 Shenandoah Community Health (10a-2p);
- 9/28 Shepherd University Wellness Center (2-6p);
- 9/30 Walmart in Charles Town (12-2 and 4-7p)
- 10/13 Jefferson County Commission Meeting Room (7-9:00p)
- 10/18 Jefferson County Commission Meeting Room (7-9:00p)
- 10/25 Shepherd University Robert C. Byrd Center (7-9:00p)
Citizens need to register if (1) they will be 18 by 11/8/16; (2) they have changed their name; or (3) changed their address since they last registered.
When registered voters receive their new voter registration card their voting location for Election Day will be on the card. The election is November 8, 2016. Early Voting at the Courthouse runs from 10/26 thru 11/5, including Saturdays.
The League of Women Voters of Jefferson County encourages everyone to make voting a priority! Every vote matters!https://flic.kr/p/5z2jST Photo: Original image via http://www.dronethusiast.com