Fundraiser for the 9th annual Panhandle Earth Day Celebration

Panhandle Earth Day is having their first fundraiser this Friday at Town Run Brewing Company in Shepherdstown, WV from 7pm until midnight. Charles Town Farmers Market and The WV Young Farmers Association will be set up to share information and news on what’s happening in local sustainable agriculture. Panhandle Earth Day will be selling merchandise and raffle tickets to raise money for the 9th annual Panhandle Earth Day Celebration, taking place this year on April 22nd at Morgan’s Grove Park in Shepherdstown, WV. The 50/50 raffle winner will be announced at 9pm.

The Panhandle Earth Day Fundraiser will feature a speaker from the Eastern Panhandle Protectors, who will make a short presentation on the proposed Mountaineer Pipeline, a photo booth sponsored by Laughing Hat, and a silent art auction to support Shepherd University art students.

Entertainment Friday will be hosted by Singer/Songwriter Cassie Raye followed by The Gypsy Ramblers, a local five-piece gypsy-jazz band. There will be a drink special, the La Niña, to reflect the 2017 Earth Day theme, Climate Change.

10% of funds raised at this event will be donated to the WV Farmers Market Association. The remaining 90% will be used to fund the 9th annual Panhandle Earth Day Celebration, which will be held Saturday April 22nd at Morgan's Grove Park in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, from 11am until 7pm.

This event features over sixty vendors, live music from local bands, guest speakers and environmental demos and presentations. Expect over two thousand guests who will be able to take part in demonstrations and meet with vendors who are focused on environmental education, community resiliency and the arts.